How to keep goalie gloves from smelling?
First off, as a goalie, keeping your gloves fresh and odour-free can be a challenging task. Goalie gloves are constantly exposed to sweat and moisture, which can cause unpleasant odours to develop over time.
However, there are several measures you can take to keep your gloves smelling clean and fresh.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some tips and tricks to help you keep your goalie gloves from smelling.
Let’s get started.
How to Keep Goalie Gloves from Smelling?
To keep goalie gloves from smelling, there are a few measures that can be taken:
- Allow the gloves to dry out completely after each use.
- Use a deodorizing spray or powder on the gloves to eliminate existing odours and prevent new ones from forming.
- Wash your gloves regularly.
- Store the gloves in a well-ventilated area, such as an open bag or on a drying rack, to allow for airflow and reduce moisture buildup.
By following these steps, you can effectively prevent your gloves from developing unpleasant odours.
Tip #1: Dry your gloves properly
One of the main reasons why goalie gloves develop a bad smell is due to moisture buildup. If you don’t allow your gloves to dry out properly after each use, the moisture can create a breeding ground for bacteria, which can cause the gloves to smell.
Therefore, it’s essential to dry your gloves out completely before storing them.
Here are some tips on how to dry your gloves effectively:
- Turn your gloves inside out: This will allow air to circulate inside the glove and help it dry out faster.
- Place your gloves in a well-ventilated area: Avoid storing your gloves in a closed container or bag, as this can trap moisture and cause odours to develop.
- Avoid direct sunlight or heat sources: While it may be tempting to speed up the drying process by placing your gloves in direct sunlight or near a heat source, this can damage the materials and cause them to lose their shape.
==>>Read my full article on how to dry goalkeeper gloves fast here.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your gloves dry out properly and minimize the risk of smells developing.
Tip #2: Use a deodorizing spray or powder
Another effective way to keep your goalie gloves from smelling is to use a deodorizing spray or powder.
These products can help to eliminate existing odours and prevent new ones from forming.
Here are some tips on how to use deodorizing products on your goalie gloves:
- Choose a product specifically designed for sports equipment: Many deodorizing sprays and powders are designed for use on athletic gear, so make sure to choose a product that is safe for use on goalie gloves. Have a look at this great glove deodorizer here.
- Apply the product to both the inside and outside of the glove: This will help to eliminate odours from all parts of the glove.
- Allow the product to dry completely before using the gloves: This will ensure that the product is fully absorbed and won’t leave any residue on your hands.
Using a deodorizing spray or powder can be an effective way to keep your gloves smelling fresh, especially if you’ve noticed that odours are starting to develop.
Tip #3: Wash your gloves regularly
If you’ve tried drying your gloves properly and using deodorizing products but still can’t get rid of the odour, it may be time to wash your gloves.
However, it’s essential to wash your gloves properly to avoid damaging the materials or causing them to lose their shape.
==>>You can read my full article on how to wash goalkeeper gloves here.
Here are some tips on how to wash your goalie gloves:
- Check the care label: Before washing your gloves, make sure to check the care label to see if there are any specific instructions or recommendations.
- Use mild detergent: Avoid using harsh detergents or bleach, as this can damage the materials and cause them to lose their shape.
- Hand wash your gloves: It’s best to hand wash your goalie gloves rather than putting them in the washing machine, as this can cause them to lose their shape.
- Allow your gloves to air dry: Avoid putting your gloves in the dryer, as this can cause them to shrink or lose their shape. Instead, allow them to air dry in a well-ventilated area.
By washing your gloves regularly, you can help to keep them clean and fresh and minimize the risk of odours developing.
Tip #4: Store your gloves properly
Finally, it’s essential to store your goalie gloves properly to prevent odours from developing.
Here are some tips on how to store your gloves:
- Store your gloves in a dry, well-ventilated area: Avoid storing your gloves in damp or humid areas, as this can promote the growth of bacteria and cause odours to develop. Instead, choose a dry, well-ventilated area to store your gloves, such as an open bag or on a drying rack.
- Don’t leave your gloves in your gear bag unless you have this special bag deodorizer: If you leave your gloves in your gear bag for an extended period without the deodorizer, the moisture can cause odours to develop. Instead, take your gloves out of your gear bag and allow them to air out properly before storing them.
- Use a glove deodorizer: As mentioned above, if you want an extra layer of protection against odours, consider using a glove deodorizer. These products are designed specifically for goalie gloves and can help to keep them smelling fresh.
By storing your goalie gloves properly, you can prevent odours from developing and ensure that your gloves are always ready for your next game.
Keeping your goalie gloves from smelling doesn’t have to be a difficult task.
By following these tips and tricks, you can keep your gloves clean and fresh, and minimize the risk of odours developing.
Remember to dry your gloves properly, use deodorizing products, wash them regularly, and store them properly to keep them in top condition.
With a little bit of effort and care, you can keep your goalie gloves smelling fresh and ready for action.
Hope you gained value from this article.